Diana Lytel has been recognized for her legal excellence by Super Lawyers® and with an AV® Rating, holding the highest “Preeminent 5.0/5.0” in her profession. As a seasoned attorney with considerable jury trial experience, clients have benefited from her impressive record of courtroom successes and the myriad of positive outcomes in mediation, arbitration and professional liability matters. Ms. Lytel demonstrates industry leadership by holding Executive Officer and Board of Director positions with several prominent legal organizations.
Ms. Lytel’s practice focus is general litigation for businesses and individuals, professional liability, premises liability and commercial litigation. She has defended a wide variety of high-profile clients, including Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, mutual funds and insurance entities. She also has an active, successful criminal defense practice.
Ms. Lytel previously worked in Morgan Stanley’s litigation department, served at regulatory agencies (NASD now FINRA & DBO) and has held prominent roles with prestigious law firms recognized by Super Lawyers®, Best Lawyers in America and AV Rating. She received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she also minored in Anthropology. Ms. Lytel received her J.D. in 2006 from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. Admitted to practice in the State of California, Ms. Lytel has experience in both federal and state courts.
- AV® Rated | Highest Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2020 Super Lawyers® | Top 5% Southern California
- 2015-2019 Super Lawyers® Rising Star | Top 2.5% Southern California
- Up-and-Coming List: Top 50 Women Super Lawyers® | Southern California
- 2020 President-Elect | Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC) | Board Member since 2015
- 2018-Current Board of Director | California Defense Counsel (CDC)
- 2017-Current Board of Director | Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Foundation
- Cover of Verdict Magazine “Young Guns: Stars of the Wild West,” including a multi-page feature of Ms. Lytel (12/17)
- 2017 “President’s Award” Recipient | ASCDC
- 2018-Current Board of Directors | Santa Barbara Women Lawyers
- 2016-Current Vice-Chair Membership Retail & Hospitality Committee | DRI
- 2015-2017 (Former) Co-Chair General Premises Liability Committee | ASCDC
- 2015-2017 (Former)Co-Chair Diversity Committee | ASCDC
- 2017-Current Volunteer Judge for Santa Barbara’s Teen Court Program
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association of Los Angeles
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Ventura County Bar Association