Highly experienced, strategically savvy and passionate about achieving results, Lowthorp Richards’ Litigation Group is among the most accomplished in the region. Dedicated to efficient solutions, our litigation team considers all the options for our client’s best outcome, whether litigation, arbitration, mediation, or trial in state or federal court.
Lowthorp Richards: A Civil Litigation Law Firm
At Lowthorp Richards, we represent clients in civil litigation matters such as:
- Fire, flooding, subsidence and other property damage
- Disputes related to the sale and purchase of securities and other investments
- Agricultural disputes and crop damage
- Business disputes, including contracts, partnerships, and corporation law
- Consumer and products liability
- Personal injury, professional malpractice, and wrongful death
- Wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination and other employment disputes
- Trusts and estates litigation
It is our practice to prepare each of our cases as if there will be a trial. But because of our strong reputation of success, we are often able to negotiate favorable settlements for our clients without the necessity of a trial.
Our Firm Has a History of Success
Lowthorp Richards has achieved significant noteworthy successes for clients, including some widely publicized verdicts that resulted in recognition and extension of increased protection for people damaged by the wrongful acts of others:
- Al-Awar v. Golden State Water Company, Inc. – multi-million dollar award for theater owner for nuisance and inverse condemnation against water company who made no settlement offers after flooding a historic Ojai theater
- Fox v Health Net—The landmark HMO liability case in which the firm’s trial lawyers recovered the largest jury verdict in California history – $89 million – for health insurance bad faith
- Wood v. Beech Aircraft—One of the few aviation product liability plaintiff’s verdicts in Ventura County
- Prudential Limited Partnership Fraud—Securities litigation resulting in significant arbitration awards that were significant for favorable settlements for our other clients
- McCoy v. Caltrans – $18 million award for motorcyclist for defective guardrail
- Sanchez v. Hillerich & Bradsby – resulted in the detuning of high powered baseball bats for college to protect college and high school athletes
- Airport Ranch v. Beserra – Over $1 million verdict against defendant’s structure diverting flood water into client’s orchard
- Mangum v. Dayton-Hudson Corp. – multi-million verdict against Target Stores, a subsidiary of Dayton-Hudson Corp. at the time, for abusing its employees
- Pennock v. County of Ventura and Medrano v. County of Ventura – protection of homeowners from an ill-conceived flood control district’s debris basin
- Amy Doe and Claire Doe v. Wiley – multi-million dollar verdict in sexual molestation case
- Sirott v. California Department of Transportation – Seven-figure verdict from bicycle accident resulting from dangerous condition on public property.
Call Our Firm for a Consultation
Call us for a consultation at no cost to you. We serve clients throughout Oxnard, Ventura County and Santa Barbara County, and all areas of the State of California, in both state and federal courts.
At Lowthorp Richards, we understand that many of our civil litigation clients are facing financial difficulties due to factors that are beyond their control. Since we are committed to the belief that everyone has the right to be heard in court, we work with many of our clients on a contingency fee basis – often at a lower contingency fee percentage than the traditional rates in Los Angeles or Orange counties. Contact our civil litigation attorneys at 805.804.3848 to discuss the particulars of your situation and to see how we may be able to help.