Highly experienced, strategically savvy and passionate about achieving results, Lowthorp Richards’ Litigation Group is among the region’s most accomplished. The firm’s trial lawyers recovered the largest jury verdict in California history for health insurance bad faith, and have obtained multiple recoveries in excess of $1 million in the areas of personal injury, real estate, business disputes, product liability, employment law, estates and trusts, and construction law litigation.
Innovative and determined, Lowthorp Richards attorneys work to resolve an array of disputes including:
- Insurance denials and bad faith
- Real property damage
- Wrongful termination
- Securities and broker fraud
- Defective products
- Will, trust and estate contests
- Crop damage and inverse condemnation
- Elder financial or physical abuse
- Defective construction and contract breaches
Dedicated to efficient solutions, the litigation team considers all the options for the client’s best outcome, whether litigation, arbitration or mediation, and state or federal court.
Most cases are accepted on a lower contingency fee percentage than the traditional rates of Los Angeles or Orange counties.
Lowthorp Richards has achieved significant noteworthy successes for clients, including some widely publicized verdicts that resulted in recognition and extension of increased protection for people damaged by the wrongful acts of others:
- Fox v Health Net—The Landmark Health Care (HMO) Liability Verdic
- Wood v. Beech Aircraft—Aviation product liability and wrongful death
- Prudential Limited Partnership Fraud—Securities litigation
- AM v LeParc—Trade disparagement and breach of contract
- LeVine v. Weis—False Claims Act and whistleblower